Renting the Swenson House and Garden Arbor
- If banquet type seating is required, the renter must make arrangements through a third party rental company.
- The House is available 7 days a week, 9 a.m. - 12 midnight.
- The Swenson House is not available on an hourly basis except for portrait sessions.
- On weekdays we require a three-hour minimum on hourly rentals.
Swenson House Fri - Sat Thurs & Sun
Swenson House, Interior $800 for 10 hours $600 for 10 hours
Swenson House, Arbor
must be rented together with Interior $300 for 10 hours $200 for 10 hours
Early Move-In Option $150 $150
Rehearsal time with rental $95/hr with 2 hour minimum $95/hr with 2 hour minimum
Deposit $350 $350
Special Set-ups per hour
minimum 1 hour $50/hr with 1 hour minimum $50/hr with 1 hour minimum
Bridal Portrait Photo Sessions call $75/hour Sun-Thurs
We cannot reserve portrait sessions more than 1 month in advance.
- Call today for an appointment to see the Swenson House and Gardens: 325-676-3775 extension 2. Marianne Wood, our event and rental coordinator will be glad to answer any questions you may have. We love to give tours!
- Payment of the $350 deposit is required before we place your event on our calendar.
- The deposit will be returned to the rental patron two to three weeks after the event, if there is no damage to the premises or extra clean-up needed.
- The balance of the fee is due at least one week before your event.
- We'll need to know the details of your set-up and requirements at least two weeks before your event.
- We will have an attendant on the premises during your period of rental. We will inspect your setup and may request changes.
- Expected clean-up: Caterer or renter carries out all trash to dumpster. Alert attendant to any unusual activity, and in the event a spill occurs.
- Special consideration may be given for very small groups.
Terms of Payment
- Your deposit holds the Swenson House for your date. It is not refundable if you cancel.
- 30 days from booking date, 50% of the rental fee is due. This also is non-refundable.
- Balance is due no later than one full week before your date.
- Damages and extra cleaning expenses may be withheld from your deposit. Amounts in excess of the deposit will be collected.
- Please do not attach anything to the walls, stair rails, or doors. No tape. You will lose your deposit if it is used.
- Please, no unattended children at move-in and during the event. Furniture is usable, but please stay off beds.
- Alcohol is permitted at private parties only. No "BYOB" events. The host party (rental patron) must provide all beverages and control all use.
- Renter is responsible for trash and wet spills on the floor. No heat producing devices on furniture. No food on second floor.
- No commercial use allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere on the grounds.
- No candles are allowed. No exceptions. Good substitutes are available now.
- No rice, birdseed or bubbles allowed inside the building. No glitter is allowed.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
Abilene Preservation League members receive a 10% discount.
Abilene Preservation League members receive free bridal portrait sessions at the Elks and Swenson House.